Ilhem

Ilhem

Damaged Goods

Damaged Goods - Lauren Gallagher I raised my eyebrows at a few things : Jocelyn carrying the burden of single motherhood, because from my little corner of the world, she looks like she is pretty privileged. It got a little on my nerves but she’s aware of it, so I forgive her.This dialogue :-Sabian :” But are you okay with seeing someone in my line of work, knowing what I’m doing?” (…) ”when it’s been a few months of having my work cell phone ring at weird times, or you being at home while I’m working…”-Jocelyn :”the same could be said for when the novelty wears of having my kids call while we’re out, having to schedule or reschedule when one of them gets sick, that kind of things”Me: “huh?! Jocelyn, yoo-hoo!!I occasionally wear blinders myself, so I forgive her.The specious analogy between hiring a prostitute and whatever whoever pays on a date.Sabian clinging to the argument that his job is just sex, outside of any other consideration but I liked the quote “afterward I leave with just as much of myself as I came in with”. You smooth talker! I forgive him.I applauded a lot of things :This is an erotic book and the sex is hot, hot, hot!!!In her first moments with Sabian, Jocelyn is very funny.Hot sex + laughs = win win for me.Jocelyn doesn’t behead vampires, she doesn’t save the world in a blast of glory, she doesn’t annoy the hell out of her man for the sake of being a kick ass heroin but holy cow! Does the woman have guts! Sabian/Austin is a stallion allright (erotic book), but he’s not a caveman (hair pulling is involved, though). He is sensitive and honest.I have no moral problem with Jocelyn hiring an escort instead of looking for a one night stand. You obviously can have free sex in every imaginable position and never give an ounce of yourself or ever get the slightest bit interested in who your partner is. Jocelyn and Sabian/Austin are interested in the person under the surface, they also take the risk to reveal themselves. They both risk their heart in a probably doomed relationship because they want/need who they are to be cared for and are willing to reciprocate.They discover true, deep intimacy and learn or rather admit that it may not be enough sometimes.To conclude :”What we had wasn’t easy, it wasn’t something outsiders could or would easily understand, but it was right. Whatever headache it caused, it was worth it.”I respect that and it was worth reading.