Ilhem

Ilhem

Death of a Pirate King

Death of a Pirate King - Josh Lanyon "Death of a Pirate King" is the fourth installment of the "Adrien English Mysteries".2 years after "The Hell You Say", Adrien improves his detective skills in a Hollywood mystery. He became a brother to the "Dauten harem", is in a relationship with Guy and faces Jake's reappearance in his life.The first three books were very enjoyable 4 stars readings, a true feast of words for greedy readers!In this fourth book, the witty retorts I enjoyed so much turned acerbic and humor had sometimes a sour taste. Let's face it : Adrien is not sublime when heartbroken!His protecting walls collapse, he bites back, snaps at people, is sometimes petty and unfair when he reaches a dead end in a relationship whose main purpose was to soothe and avoid loneliness. However, I didn't dislike him (I don't know about you but I am not sublime either when I hurt!) and strangely, that is precisely why this book is a 5 stars for me because I find that the author took a very honest path by exploring feelings we usually shy from and making Adrien and the other characters face their own demons. The beautifully tender moments, the brave decisions, the lucidity were all the more valuable since they were hard won and the story touched me far more than the three first ones, while managing to remain entertaining.I truly loved this book.