Ilhem

Ilhem

After the Crux - Dani Worth This is mmf erotica and I enjoyed it but would have liked it a lot more if I didn’t feel like I read an excerpt, somehow.The story is set somewhere in the future, years after a virus has decimated the human race. Ross, Dorian and Jenna lead and belong to a small community that is just one notch above primal survival, not yet totally past the fight to not drop at the bottom of the food chain, but already rebuilding. I liked this transitional state they are in, their little civilization and their romance on one hand, the brutal reminder that they still had to fight to stay safe and to survive on the other hand. This is an admittedly not new, but interesting setting.There isn’t much conflict in the romance, only a little angst and guilt at the beginning and they get rapidly to it! I don’t complain about it, the erotica is decently erotic and there is previously enough tension to appreciate the explosion, but it felt like the story telling stopped there. A few sex scenes that don’t bring anything much, a burst of action to bypass a plot hole and the end.It’s a pity because there really could have been an interesting story line and the writing flew nicely and was up to a bigger task. In short, this novella has qualities and it is introducing a series, which isn’t a flaw except when it shows too much. I rated it 3 stars anyway because it was nonetheless an enjoyable read.