Ilhem

Ilhem

Filth - M. King How difficult it is to give you a fair idea of what this book is packing! There is so much to say and I don’t know where to begin.Filth is talent and the power of words dedicated to the discovery of two human beings, to a story that grips you from the author’s note to the very last word while it carries you along the flow of Toni’s and Kel’s trains of thought : erratic, worried, scared, lonely in their own chapters and their use of flitting pronouns.Until ugliness catches up on them and violence hits hard and the thoughts that left you a little numb turn into questions awaiting unique answers.It’s about gender, the build of self, the raw reality of living on tricks, about what you make of what the world throws you and many things I forget here. Ultimately, it’s about uniqueness, courage and unconditional love.So, there is Toni : ”this perfect crocus of a human being”.And there is Kel : ”The type of guy who keeps everything locked up inside him until he trusts a person. Once that starts to happen, it's like daylight coming in through a broken window, like colors fracturing off the glass and dancing together in unexpected places. They start out pale and fleeting, but as the sun gets warmer, they grow stronger, until they're dazzling and bright".They’re unique and they’re beautiful.Note:This was a buddy read with Deirdre and Laura. I thank them for their companionship in this journey.