Ilhem

Ilhem

Hurt - Varian Krylov GR is asking me what I think : will I ever find the words?What did I receive from this book?Three beings roughly manhandled by life, damaged in their sense of self and self value, in their identity.Three hurting, scared souls among milliards, falling apart. Three complex, flawed and caring persons, trying to master pain and fear, playing mind games, sex games, imprisoning themselves and the other behind protective walls and struggling to be, to love and be loved.Krylov’s powerfully evocative writing kept me captivated in this journey among human condition, she never gave me the easy route to be a step ahead of the characters and it was an amazing, often unsettling and hurtful, always profound and finally beautiful journey. I can only touch upon the intensity of this book, the best is to discover it by yourself, I believe. And embark in your own journey.Note : I add a much needed warning that the story deals with breast cancer and I want to stress how difficult and possibly hurtful for the reader this book can be.I invite you to read Deirdre's review and Shelley's review.