Ilhem

Ilhem

Prisoner (Kria, #1) - Megan Derr 3,5 stars Kria, Salhara and Illussor are caught in an endless war where swords fight against drug induced magic while spies and politics are scheming in the background.One winter, Dieter, Beraht, Iah and Sol are brought together by fate in an unlikely but efficient and often amusing alliance which sides with Prince Matthias, Esta and Kalan “triumvirate”. After an awkward beginning (8% is not much but still, enough to leave a strong impression), this book ended up being a very pleasant surprise when the story began to flow and I found myself caught up in their adventures and eager to know what would happen next.Yet, Prisoner is not spectacular. The narrative is very sober in its descriptions : no sumptuous landscapes, no excruciatingly detailed world. Nor is it evocative of deep emotions : no angst, no agonized introspections, no built up tension and scorching hotness.Instead, Megan Derr built coherent, creative and interesting cultures, beliefs confronting and clashing, knowledge and personalities completing each other. She wrote small gestures and big actions, and kisses that made me smile fondly.Prisoner had the unidimensional and uncomplicated feel, the interesting and entertaining appeal of a tale and, Tits of the Winter Princess, it was fun!