Ilhem

Ilhem

The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Richard Howard The night had fallen. I had let my tools drop from my hands. Of what moment now was my hammer, my bolt, or thirst, or death? On one star, one planet, my planet, the Earth, there was a little prince to be comforted. I took him in my arms,and rocked him. I said to him:"The flower that you love is not in danger. I will draw you a muzzle for your sheep. I will draw you a railing to put around your flower. I will−−"I did not know what to say to him. I felt awkward and blundering. I did not know how I could reach him, where I could overtake him and go on hand in hand with him once more.It is such a secret place, the land of tears.Today, I listened to the audio book with my son. As usual, we smiled and laughed and cried. He cried because he is a little prince who finds that something is useful because it's pretty and I cried because I am a grown up who can't see a sheep in a box anymore and because it felt good to let my tools drop and be on the same planet as the Little Prince again.