Ilhem

Ilhem

Lashings of Sauce - Robbie Whyte, Elyan Smith, Lillian Francis, Rebecca Cohen, Elin Gregory, Sandra Lindsey, Becky Black, Tam Ames, Josephine Myles, J.L. Merrow, Emily Moreton, Charlie Cochrane, Zahra Owens, Alex Beecroft, Clare London, Anne Brooke, Jordan Castillo Price 3,5 starsLashing of Sauce is an anthology where "you'll find stories both saucy and sweet, along whith many poignant and thought-provoking contributions."All stories put together make an average 3 stars rating but 4 of them are outstanding :Et Tu, Fishies? by J.L. MerrowGreat 1st POV voice, sweet and funny story with a hint of absurdist humour.Zones by Elyan SmithStrengthened me in my belief that Elyan Smith is very talented and can paint the most wonderful portraits. His touch is delicate and strong at the same time, his writing very evocative so that he reaches a powerful result without ever overdoing it.Social Whirl by Emily MoretonCharmed me by reminding me Four Weddings and a Funeral : a spark with humour, tenderness and... well, charm.Dragon Dance by Josephine MylesI enjoyed the Year of the Dragon atmosphere surrounding this coming out story.