Ilhem

Ilhem

The Pedlar and the Bandit King - Kirby Crow The Pedlar and the Brigand King is a tale that succeeds in entertaining the reader with otherworldly adventures where deep characterization has no part to play, certainly, but which offers interesting characters who fulfil their function to mirror human weaknesses.The author builds an extremely rich world of kingdoms and people I still need to become familiar with but I liked feeling slightly disoriented; it’s part of the game, after all!I enjoyed the story that may be without big surprise but provides a naïve and stubborn hero, a crownless king, big-hearted brigands, villains, honour debts, magic, love, a wandering quest and more!Most of all, I loved the skill with which Kirby Crow can set an atmosphere, how she can depict gorgeous landscapes and exotic towns, how she can draw a scene. To conclude, I initially rated this book 3,5 stars for my fluctuating patience with Scarlet and my moderate investment in the developing romance but finally couldn’t give less than 4 stars for the amazing imagery my mind was filled with, at least 2 breathtaking scenes and the pleasure to be estranged from reality.