Ilhem

Ilhem

A Mary Calmes virgin I am no more

Floodgates - Mary Calmes

To be honest, I knew I wouldn't like it, so no rating. As I said, I was a Mary Calmes virgin and I wanted to see by myself what the love/hate was about.

I saw. My feelz?

No more Mary Calmes for me, it's safe to say that her books will not be one of my guilty pleasures; they don't press any of my buttons.

Now, about this story. I'll make it short : it is basically the worst of het romance, except that the MC is male; which implies, as far as characterization  is concerned, to  castrate him and hand him his dick back for the sex scenes on top of infantilizing him. And this is all I have to say.

Now, I got to play Charmingly Euphemistic's Bingo Game to spice things up :

Let's check :

1 - A main character hosts a TV show : Tracy's gorgeous brother is an actor in a TV series. Slightly different, but I say bingo!

2 - A character caresses another cheek : Bingo!

3 - Someone is kidnapped : oh lol! It's one of the most stupid kidnappings ever! Bingo!

4 - Pregnant character : Ding!

5 - Stalkerish ex-boyfriend : he's not exactly stalking, but he's sticking like glue. I say it counts.

6 - Consumption of a dessert : Shoot! I forgot about that...Wait, MC eats scones!

7 - Tongues tangle : ALL.THE.TIME. It's a wonder the're not dehydrated by the loss of saliva (ewwww)

8 - Gorgeous guys : *counts on fingers* at least 7 guys + the dog.

9 - Work event : in the past, but at the core of a shitty situation.

10 - Family party : two!

Someone raises an eyebrow for someone : perhaps but I can't remember. Should have taken notes.

11 - Doctor or surgeon : say it with me - BIN-GO!

12 - A character is another character's rock : the only one who makes him feel safe. Bingo!

13 - Story is set in Chicago : Not sure. I suspect that the author cheated, I can't recall the name being mentioned. But they watch or talk (can't remember, I dozed off, okay!) about a game with a Chicago team. I count it, that will teach her not to cheat.

14 : A character is golden all over : yep!

14 out of 25 : it looks like it's not totally the usual formula, but still a WINNER!

I'd like to add 3 items to the range of body expressions  :

someone cups someone else's face in his hands : a million times

someone slids his hand around to the back of someone's neck : ditto

MC opens his arms to be held : I lost count + I can't even say how ridiculous/disturbing it is!